Cherry Pick Your Wedding Planner for a Worry Free Knot-Tying Ceremony
The wedding planning process varies from couple to couple; there is no exact timeline for planning a wedding because it depends on the length of your engagement. You can plan your wedding a few months before your chosen date or it can take a year or two. Whichever you end up with will depend on you and your soon-to-be spouse’s situation, but remember two things:
- Time is gold. It pays to give yourself more time to plan your wedding. Certain issues might come up and disrupt your process, leading to delays. For instance, the kind of wedding you want doesn’t fit your budget. Planning late could also make it hard to find a venue that is available on your wedding date.
- Work with an expert. True, handling the planning process on your own makes your wedding more personal. This would require much of your time, however. Working with a professional wedding planner makes the process easier and stress-free. An experienced planner usually has a network of wedding vendors, too, which often opens doors to discounts.
Finding the Right Planner
You’ll encounter different wedding planners as you search for someone to work with, and each of them will offer enticing wedding planning packages. Base your choice on how well you click with the individual and your budget. Here’s the process broken down:
Identify the Type of Planner You Need
It’s worth noting that not all wedding planners do the same thing, but they follow the same basic responsibilities. Wedding planners can be classified into several types, including:
- Full-Service or All-Inclusive Wedding Planners – they handle every aspect of the wedding, giving you more time to focus on other important matters.
- Month-Of Planners – they help couples who handle most of the planning tasks. This type of planner steps in to manage unforeseen issues in the weeks and days leading up to the wedding.
- Destination Wedding Coordinators – they are an ideal option for couples who plan to have a destination wedding. These coordinators find venues, meeting vendors, and other essential tasks.
Check Their Online Presence
Most businesses today use their online presence to build a positive reputation for potential customers to see. Checking a wedding planner’s online presence allows you to gauge their credibility and standing in the industry. Reading feedback and reviews from previous clients also helps you decide whether or not to hire the planner.
Dig Deep on Their Qualifications
Once you have narrowed down your wedding planner candidates, schedule a meeting with them. Prepare a set of questions to scrutinize each candidate and determine who would fit as your planner.
Make Sure Your Personalities Match
Meeting a wedding planner candidate in person gives you an opportunity to see if your personalities match. You and the planner will be working together for months so it’s important that you’re comfortable with each other’s company. It will also minimize the conflicts that might arise.
Read the Contract Carefully
Make sure to read the contract from the beginning to the end before signing it. Going through several pages of the fine print could be dull, but it’s essential to understand what services you’re actually paying for and to set your expectations. Understand the planner’s terms and conditions, especially how they would handle the problems that would arise.
Planning the finer details of a wedding is tedious, but an experienced planner at the helm could make all the difference in your stress levels. Arluis Weddings helps you plan a wedding that you will cherish for a lifetime. Our team has the expertise, imagination, and compassion to turn your dream wedding to reality.
Contact us to learn more.