Destination Weddings: Trying the Knot in the Aloha State
Hollywood star Dwayne “the Rock” Johnson recently tied the knot with Lauren Hashian, his longtime girlfriend, in a ceremony in Hawaii. The “Hobbs & Shaw” star shared they had a beautiful and phenomenal ceremony. The couple also had the privacy they wanted during this significant occasion.
Hawaii features pristine natural beauty, from its crystal-clear blue ocean waters to tall mountain peaks. These wonders make the Aloha State an ideal wedding destination, whether you want a grand ceremony or an intimate celebration with friends and family.
Tie the Knot in Tropical Paradise
About 25 percent of marriages in the US are destination weddings. Hawaii is a leading destination with 20,000 weddings happening in the state annually. When planning your wedding in a tropical paradise, you need to consider several factors, including:
- Weather – the state has microclimates, which means the weather varies from island to island and from coast to coast. It may be sunny in one town but rainy on the other. The average daytime temperature in Hawaii is about 80 degrees during summer, but the temperature is colder in mountain areas.
- Marriage requirements – the state will require you to apply for a marriage license before getting married. You need to present valid identification and proof of age. You can apply even if you’re not a Hawaii resident as long as you’re 18 years and older. The validity of the license lasts for 30 days.
- Cost – the average cost of a wedding in Hawaii is $37,627 as of 2018. You’ll want to consider factors other then the venue and vendor services, when planning your wedding budget. Think about the cost of hotel accommodations and plane tickets. You’ll also want to look into seasonal prices; booking ahead could save you money.
Home to Scenic Wedding Venues
Finding the right location is a crucial part of wedding planning. Fortunately, you can find plenty of stunning wedding venues across the islands in Hawaii. Each location will give you excellent views to make your big day memorable.
Here are the top three wedding venues to choose from for your Aloha wedding:
- Lanikūhonua Garden – this venue features an expansive lawn grass that inspires tropical splendor. The deep blue sky, clear waters, and greenery create an astonishing backdrop.
- Hawaii Polo Club – located in O’ahu, this is the state’s most popular wedding destination. It has an exclusive oceanfront polo field, which suits a barefoot beach wedding. You can hold a large party without compromising the comfort of your guests.
- Four Seasons Lanai – this five-diamond resort offers first-class amenities and services. The venue has botanical gardens, lagoon-style pools, and cliffsides overlooking that create the most perfect wedding photos.
Work with a full-service wedding planner to turn your vision into reality within your budget. The wedding planner will help you throughout the process, from finding wedding vendors to decorating your chosen venue, giving you time to relax and enjoy your big day.
Find a Reliable Wedding Management Service
Arluis Destination Weddings offers comprehensive wedding planning services to help you plan your tropical wedding. Our team will work closely with you, ensuring every detail is orchestrated carefully, designed beautifully, and that it is as you envision it. We have been in the industry since 2003 and have helped couples make their paradise wedding a reality.
Contact us today for more details.